Sunday, September 21, 2008
Redeemed
I finally feel like I've been redeemed. Friday I subbed at a junior high in an area called Lemon Grove. The kids sort of reminded me of the one I left but they were much better behaved. During one of the periods I was working with a small group and the kids started telling me that I was a good teacher and better than Mrs. So & So, etc. They went on and on and I have to say, I loved it. Leaving the other school has caused me to question myself a little bit so this was a nice boost for my self-esteem. :) Saturday morning Sam and I went outside to go take his car somewhere to be sold and as I got into my car, I had a big surprise. Apparently someone had thrown a huge rock at my front windshield because the entire thing was cracked. There was a high school football game in the neighborhood the night before so we're wondering if it was just some kids. The neighbor told us that he noticed cars up and down the street were egged too; I guess we were the chosen ones. We had the windshield fixed by eleven but it still stunk to shell out the money to do it. After that ordeal, we met a friend of Sam's downtown for lunch. He was in town for a conference so that worked out well. We wanted to get some exercise after that so we walked around the zoo for two hours. We were looking forward to seeing the baby tigers but they didn't have them out yesterday. We did get to see a baby giraffe that was born the early part of August. Today we went to church (www.therocksandieog.com) and now we are watching football. Actually, I think Sam's sleeping. :) By the way, he only has two more weeks of training in Riverside. Both of us can't wait for it to be over! Next weekend we'll be in LA for the Fresno State game. We're looking forward to watching the Dogs get win!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey,
Call me - I will be at the FSU/UCLA game as well. Lauren is coming up from Newport too.
Post a Comment