Wednesday, September 17, 2008
What's been going on
Sam and I had a fun time last weekend. We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant in Hillcrest Friday night and had some great food. The area is really cute too. It's older but trendy at the same time. I also discovered a PinkBerry in Hillcrest; I'd only seen the one in La Jolla so now there are two locations that I can go to. For those of you who don't know, PinkBerry is like a frozen yogurt shop. One of the credit cards featured them in their tv commercials several months ago. Saturday we spent several hours tearing down (Sam) and painting (Kyle) granny's patio. It is still in process as new problems keep being discovered (termites, etc.). Saturday night we went to the Padres/Giants game with a friend that I met at the school and her boyfriend. It was good to actually have people to do something with! :) The rest of the weekend we just relaxed and then Sam had to head back to Riverside. At this point, he only has two and a half more weeks left of training. He's still really enjoying it except for two people in his class that drive him nuts. I keep reminding him to just be nice. :) Yesterday I subbed for the first time in Solana Beach. I filled in for a special ed aid--talk about intense. Out of the six or seven kids in the class, only one of them talked--she had down's syndrome and was a doll. The best part was when her mom came to pick her up and said, "Hi there beautiful, how was your day? I love you!" Overall, it was a really good experience; however, it's not my cup of tea. I spent the whole time just feeling so badly for the kids because they are just not functional at all-majority can't even walk. Times like those definitely remind me to count my blessings and to not get caught up on silly things. We hope everything is going well for you and hope to hear from you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we need to come visit you guys. Every post it sounds like you are having so much fun. sounds like you guys are doing great!!!
Post a Comment