Hi all! So I realize that it's been about a month since we've posted...sorry! I'm going to do a quick update and I'll post pictures soon. Let's see...
-middle of January....we went rollerblading along the beach...it was a beautiful day...tons of fun
-first week of February...Karl and Lacey came to visit us. It poured for some of the time but it didn't ruin their trip one bit. We had a really good time checking out things around town, overeating and just hanging out.
-February 10th...Sam gets into a minor car accident. You can ask him for the story but to sum it up, he got rear-ended. The car was in the shop until yesterday and looks like new again. By the way, Sam was fine. :)
-Valentine's Day...well, this year we actually got to do something because I did not fall and break my teeth! Our bible study hosts, Paul and Elaine, had a party at their house. It was beautiful! We ate and played games. Sam and I won one of the games.
-Sam's friend Todd was in town for a day so we took him to Taco Wednesday. If you're ever down here on a Wednesday, we'll take you. We go to a restaurant right on the beach and have lobster tacos for $1.50. They're soooooo good...we go about every other week.
-This past Tuesday....Chris Tomlin concert at our church. We went with our friends Nick and Autumn and it was awesome!
-Wednesday....BIG NEWS....Sam accepted a job at Ashford University. He will be an enrollment advisor and he starts March 16th. We are BEYOND excited!!! The real blessing is that they will pay for him to finish his BA and they'll pay for 80% of my masters. We'll keep you posted on how his training goes, etc.
-Tonight...I'm hosting recipe club at our place. I started to do this in Fresno and decided it would be fun to do it here. Basically, the person who hosts makes the main dish and everyone else brings something different. Then, you exchange recipes and eat! Sam will be hanging out with the guys at one of the guy's house. Should be fun...
We have some pictures to post so I'll try to do that sooner rather than later.
Have a great weekend! (did I mention I have to work Saturdays???)
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment