Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Celebrate!!!



I am officially employed!! I did my demo lesson and they loved it and offered me a job on the spot! I will be teaching 7th grade English and history--the exact same setup as Reyburn. This school is definitely going to push me; the director expects a lot, but I'm up for the challenge. I report for professional development next Tuesday and school actually starts on September 2nd.

Sam had his first day of work yesterday and he loved it!! Life is good! He said that their training is very intense but that it will give him all the tools he needs to be successful. Given the size of the binder they gave him, I hope so! So this week he trains in SD but next week he's off to Riverside. He'll train there during the week and then be home on the weekends. That training is either 7 or 8 weeks long, we're not sure yet.

We've seen a couple more friends since the last post. Amy Chambers was here (she helped me with my lesson for today...thanks Amy!) and Darlene Hanson was as well. Today we are having a beach picnic with a friend that we met in Italy (Feliche's friend Dominico).

We continue to be in awe at how wonderfully things have worked out for us and we are very thankful. We miss everyone of you and hope to hear from you soon!

**PS...I have no idea how to make the pictures smaller on here. Can anyone help me??? :)


2 comments:

Boydston Family said...

congratulations!!! Sounds like you guys are doing great. we need to come visit you guys.

Peggy Finch said...

Congrats to you both! See, it is true that Good things come to those who wait upon the Lord! You will continue to see His Blessings.

As I read through your Blog, Kyle, I can hear your voice reading it! :) I miss you so! We need to come and visit.

Peggy & Michael Finch