Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Greatest Love

So tonight I got to stand on stage in front of a crowded auditorium and sing our school song, "The Greatest Love." Don't worry, I wasn't by myself. The entire staff had to do it. Did I mention that there is no air conditioning? The funniest part is that I was near another staff member who was not gifted in the vocal department but either a) thinks he was or b) doesn't care. Either way, I appreciated the entertainment.

School officially starts on Tuesday, September 2nd and I'm working on being ready. My classroom is coming along but it has been a huge undertaking. I'll be thankful when it's done and I'm actually in the groove with kids.

Sam's had a good week at training. They had to recite this five paragraph mission statement that was quite lengthy and his trainer said he did the best--no surprise here. If you've never seen Sam in action, he's good. He gets to come home tomorrow and we have a few things planned for the weekend (one of which is going to a bonfire at La Jolla Shores).

We hope everyone has a safe and fun Labor Day!

No comments: