Well, I got asked back to both of the interviews that I went to last week! I did round two for a school called Mueller yesterday....talk about a daunting process. I had to be there at 8am and didn't leave until 2:30. I met with parents, talked with the IT/Financial person, did a panel interview, gave a presentation, met with the school psychologist and school counselor and finally, taught a 90 minute lesson to second graders. I didn't feel like it was the best I've ever done but one really great thing came out of it....I know I am not a second grade teacher (the position is for a 4/5 combo though). If they like me, there's still another round.
The other school that I got called back for a 7th grade language arts/history position. I do that demo lesson next Tuesday (with 7th graders).
Let's see...we've had more visitors since I last wrote. Sarah and Dave came to see us for a couple days and Jeff Eben was in town as well. We all got to hang out and I got to see my (former) student Sean again too (Jeff's nephew).
Sam's getting ready to start his first week of training in San Diego on the 11th so then it's back to the real world for him. He's definitely ready to get going with this job but he's loved having summer vacation with me!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment