Monday, November 10, 2008

Here we go...again....

Well, once again, it's official. I'm hired. You're probably a bit confused at this point because I haven't said anything to anyone. Here's the scoop. I applied quite a while ago for a school called Charter School of San Diego. I really just applied for the fun of it and lo and behold, they called. I interviewed two Thursday's ago and really hit it off with my interviewer named Tiffany. They called that afternoon and invited me back for round two. Here's the funny part. I went back the next day to be interviewed by a panel of three "administrators." By about three minutes into it, I was confident--confident that they would not be offering me a job. In my opinion, I felt like it was the worst interview of my life. They told me I would hear either way in a week but I knew it was a no. So they did call one week later (last Thursday) and offered me a job. I had to try my best not to laugh because I absolutely could not believe it. I accepted the offer today and I find out more specifics on Wednesday.

Here's what I can tell you about the school: It is a charter; however, don't be fooled; it's nothing like where I was before. They operate out of store fronts around the town and the kids are in grades 7-12. It is a free, public school and kids can go there because they are out of town a lot, need to make up credits, etc. I will have a case load of 40 kids that I schedule to come in 2-3 times per week but I never have more than 20 kids at a time. When they come in, I don't just collect their work but I do lessons (all subjects) as well. Apparently there is a lot of paperwork though so that the school is in line with regulations. What else? Oh, this is the not too fab part. My schedule is Tuesday through Saturday, 11-7pm. The good part is that I technically don't have to schedule any kids on Saturday so I could just get my paperwork done instead. I still get Thanksgiving break, Christmas and Easter but the summer vacation part is gone. In a sense, it might be good. First, I usually get bored during summer and second, I get paid more since I'm working. Oh, another good thing is that the location where I was placed is just 10 minutes from where we are.

So, that's the big news for now. I didn't say anything to anyone because I really didn't think I was going to get it but surprise..jokes on me. :) I'll write more when I know more.

No comments: